Saturday, August 11, 2012

Speed Week at Bonneville Salt Flats

Today was the first day of Speed Week at the Bonneville Salt Flats so I thought I would drive over and set a new land speed record for a Ford F-350 dually. Unfortunately, there was a weather problem (something about a cold day in hell) and I had to settle for taking photos. There goes my hopes of getting Anthony Hopkins to play me in "The World's Fastest F-350".

But I digress. This event is huge! I walked the pit area for almost four hours and did not come close to seeing everything. It reminds me of the Oskosh EAA Air Show in both size and scope. The only disappointment is that you cannot get close to where they actually race - I assume it is for safety reasons.


Lastly, after visiting the flats, you will want to find a car wash as that salt sticks to everything...

No comments: