Tuesday, September 04, 2012

One Last Ride With Friends

When I pulled into the South Forty RV Park three weeks ago, I had the good fortune to park beside Cliff and Sandy, veteran full-time RVers and ATV enthusiasts. They pretty much took me under their wing and showed me the ins and outs of the Paiute Trail System. In addition to taking some great rides, we developed a camaraderie that occurs between people who spend time together and share common interests.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and tomorrow they head to Manti, Utah (where Sandy promises to post ride photos to their blog). Today, we took one last ride and it turned out to be an adventure. Instead of coming down the mountain on trail 65, we took a narrow, crooked road that was not on our map and it had a little bit of everything including some challenging riding. Relying upon Cliff's unerring sense of direction, we made it back to camp safe and sound.

I am sure we will get together again some time in the future and share our interim travels all over again. It's one of the things that I like about the RV lifestyle.

Cliff and Sandy

No comments: