Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Custom Icon For Your Smartphone

Historically, when I wanted to view my blog on my android phone, I would press the 'Browser' icon and then either type in the url or call up 'Bookmarks' and then look for the appropriate link. As this is a little cumbersome and time consuming, I thought there should be a better way and sure enough, there is.

Here's how you can very easily create an icon shortcut on your home screen that will take you directly to the webpage of your choosing:
  • First, create a traditional bookmark for the webpage that you want to link to.
  • Then, return to the home screen and press-and-hold (in an empty space) to bring up the 'Add to Home screen' menu and select 'Shortcut', then 'Bookmark' and select the desired bookmark.
That's all there is to it.

No comments: