Friday, November 15, 2013

Password Manager

You probably have noticed that a number of websites are requiring passwords of increasing complexity. It was bad enough when I had to remember simple words but now when they want a minimum of eight characters including upper & lower case letters, numbers and signs and the end result looks like "3Gf@xq83!", I have to write them down somewhere and then find a secure place to store the list. Unfortunately, I am at that stage in life where I sometimes forget why I walked into a room so the above did not seem like a good idea.

The solution, of course, was to find a good password manager that was both secure and easy to use. After researching a number of products, I finally chose LastPass, a free online program that integrates into your browser and then saves and fills "logins" for an easier, safer web experience. If you are using this or another password manager, I would be interesting hearing from you in the comment section below.

No comments: