Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Roswell, New Mexico

Having met a number of individuals in my travels that I strongly suspected of being from another planet, I have journeyed to the center of extraterrestrial activity here in the USA - Roswell, New Mexico. If you are wondering why a semi-rational person like myself might believe in such phenomena, you only need to spend a winter at the Arizonian RV Park... but that is a story for another time.

I actually chose Roswell in order to see a different part of the country on my way to southern Arizona and to put it in the "been there, done that" column. In as much as I had never been here before, I imagined a small, dusty town in the desert selling cheap alien memorabilia. What I found is a good size city (population ~50,000) with all the big box stores and franchise restaurants you could imagine plus an eight screen cinema. I figure this is as good a place as any to spend Christmas on the road this year.

PS - they still sell cheap alien memorabilia...

No comments: