Friday, April 11, 2014

Cliffhanger

Cliffhanger is a 8 rated trail (trail ratings) that tests both man and machine. It immediately starts out with a horrific descent down a series of mangled rock ledges and then seemingly gets tougher from there. I am not sure which was worse - not knowing what was ahead or realizing that I had to come back the same way I went in. Fortunately, I had Al, Kenny, Larry & George to help with the rough spots.

The good news is the views are absolutely fantastic. Just when you think it cannot get any better, it does. Once again, photos simply do not do the experience justice.

This is why it is called "Cliffhanger"

"What do you mean I have to go up that!"

This was the least scary part of the ride

Many thanks to the guys who helped me to the top
(can you believe George rode his bicycle)

In as much as I am physically and mentally exhausted, I going to take to tomorrow off and see if I can get my heart rate back under 200. Anyone know the early warning signs for "post traumatic stress disorder".

Update: At the end of the day, when you are tired and beat-up, this is what you have to go up in order to get home...

As you veteran riders know, it's steeper than it looks in a photo

No comments: