Friday, August 15, 2014

Inconsiderate People

Hey, I am a relatively nice guy. I hold the door open for tall, blond, Swedish bikini models. I brake for nuns and orphans. So, it's a little disheartening and a lot aggravating when I see people do things without any regard for others.

Case in point: Last night around midnight, I am awakened by a French couple pulling into the site right beside me and setting up camp. I know they are French as they are continually talking while erecting their tent, blowing up the air mattress and slamming their car doors repeatedly. Now, if this is not bad enough, four young German men in a motorhome pull in next to them and much to my amazement, start a bonfire. It's one o'clock in the morning, there is no one to complain to and a confrontation will probably only make matters worse. So, I close my windows, pull down the blinds and eventually fall into a fitful sleep.

At best, people like this are simply unaware of what they are doing and at worst, they simply do not care. Either way, perhaps, this explains why we have some of the problems we have in the world today. And as I once told Forest Gump "that's all I have to say about that".

No comments: