Saturday, January 10, 2015

Nikon D7100

As you may have guessed from my blog, photography is a big part of my retirement lifestyle. Although my Nikon D80 digital SLR has been a great camera, it is eight years old and in the world of technology that is ancient history. So, I have upgraded to the Nikon D7100 which includes high definition video.

The camera arrived yesterday and I have been playing with it ever since. It is definitely an improvement over the older D80. I will probably never use all of the camera's features but have already discovered some items that I really like. Here's a photo taken in the "effects" mode using the "selective color" setting where all colors other than the selected colors are recorded in black and white...

Guess which color I chose as the primary
(click on photo to enlarge)

It should be noted that I am still using the Nikkor 18-200mm zoom lens which in my opinion is one of the best multi-purpose lens available.

No comments: