I had a birthday this week. I would like to say that I do not feel any older but that would put me somewhere between Obama and Hillary in regards to truthfulness.
In the past, I thought of old age as a moving target, generally, ten years older than me. Now, I may have to reduce that to five years.
I was going to have a birthday cake until the fire marshal indicated that many candles would rival the wildfires in the western states.
Sunday, August 23, 2015
South of town near Ken's Lake is a man-made waterfalls called Faux Falls. It is an oasis in an otherwise arid area...
|Click on photo to enlarge|
There is even a swimming hole at the bottom of the falls but it was too hot for me to hike down there.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
The smoke from the western wildfires is really bad today. They are warning individuals with respiratory problems to stay indoors. It reminds me of the smog I used to see in Los Angeles. While up at Canyonlands National Park getting some info on the White Rim Trail, I took these photos...
Monday, August 17, 2015
I had intended to spend a month in Buena Vista, CO riding with friends from the FMCA but all the RV parks I called were booked into September so I have returned to the OK RV Park in Moab. I will be here until October 17 so if you are in the area, please feel free to stop by. We can even go for a relaxing ride...
Sunday, August 16, 2015
Saturday, August 15, 2015
While reading an article on the EPA mine disaster here in Colorado, I was struck by the following quote from Thomas Sowell:
- It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. (think EPA, IRS, etc)
Here are some of his other quotes regarding government and politics that you may enjoy:
- It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.
- Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good.
- Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it.
- In liberal logic, if life is unfair, then the answer is to turn more tax money over to politicians to spend in ways that will increase their chances of getting reelected.
- The old adage about giving a man a fish versus teaching him how to fish has been updated by a reader: Give a man a fish and he will ask for tartar sauce and French fries! Moreover, some politician, who wants his vote, will declare all these things to be among his 'basic rights'.
And my personal favorite:
- People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything.
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Wednesday, August 05, 2015
If your vehicle is no longer than 22 feet, you can drive to the river below. However, the road is very steep and crooked...
Saturday, August 01, 2015
Is the practice of concealing a file, message, image, or video within another file, message, image, or video. The following steganographic image was encrypted here.
To decrypt the image and read the hidden message, download it to your computer and then upload it here (no password required).