Sunday, August 07, 2016

Imogene Pass

The new fuel pump appears to have solved my jeep's high altitude stalling problem. I crossed Imogene Pass at 13,114 feet without having to shut the engine off and let everything cool down...

Click on photos to enlarge

Now that I am unemployed and homeless, I was hoping that check from Obama would be in the mailbox but alas, no such luck...


The wildflowers are in full bloom at the higher elevations...


Here's what I have to look forward to when I drive Black Bear Pass...


The following video is a compilation of segments of the ride. It runs 4X normal speed so as to give you a feel for being behind the wheel of the jeep without being too boring...


One of the things you learn while driving in the mountains is how quickly the weather can change. Here is a short video of me running into a hail storm while returning home on the Last Dollar Road...


No comments: