Monday, March 13, 2017

Patreon

Patreon is a website where individuals can get paid for their creative content. It's really amazing when you think about it. For the first time in history, a person with very little resources can make an amazing amount of money just by publishing items online that others enjoy seeing.

Not one to be left out of cutting edge technology, I have created my own site at https://www.patreon.com/jb1800. I am still in the process of learning how to use the various posting options so there may be changes as I learn what works and what doesn't.

Just in case there are some "high rollers" out there who want to become a Patron, I have created a "rewards program" for contributors at various levels:
  • Basic $2.00 Reward - Check under your couch cushions to come up with enough change to make a non-deductible $2.00/month contribution to this blog and receive the highly prized "atta boy/girl/in-transition" reward (no gender bias here).
  • Totally Reasonable $5.00 Reward - For the moderate sum of $5.00/month, you will enable me to continue living life on the road without selling blood, bone marrow or a kidney which I am sure is reward enough for the kind and generous Patron that you are.
  • Who Am I Kidding $10.00 Reward - For the outrageous sum of $10.00/month, I will be able to live the luxurious lifestyle with which I would like to become accustomed and you will receive a photo-shopped picture of me next to a Rolls Royce limo in front of a spacious mansion (clearly, I am having delusions of grandeur but a guy has to dream).

No comments: