Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Vegas Heat

It's not even officially summer and the daytime temperatures here in Las Vegas are already over 100 degrees F. How do these temperatures affect life in a RV...
  • Air conditioners run constantly from about 10:00 in the morning until 10:00 in the evening and then intermittently throughout the night. Fortunately, the Las Vegas RV Resort caps your electric bill at $175 per month from April 1 through September 30 which is less than I paid for my home back in NC.
  • I now take showers using the cold water tap only. Sometimes, I have to let the sun heated water in the hose run a bit to cool down to a comfortable temperature. Hopefully, by turning off the water heater, I can offset some of the energy used by the A/Cs.
  • Pet owners carry or drive their dogs to the "doggie park" to keep them from burning their paws on the pavement.
  • You plan your outdoor activities based on the time of day.

No comments: