Sunday, August 12, 2018

70 MPH Winds

High winds with gusts up to 70 mph swept through Las Vegas last night creating a major dust storm and leaving thousands without power. It was the scariest time I have spent in a RV in the seven years I have been on the road. First, there was the extreme rocking. It was so violent that I was beginning to think my fifth wheel might turn over. Second, was the noise. The fabric slide covers and rubber roof sounded like they were about to be ripped off. It all lasted around 30 minutes but seemed like a lot longer. Fortunately, there was no damage to the RV and the park did not lose power. However, I did age a few years that I can hardly afford to lose.

Here are some photos of the aftermath that I downloaded from the Internet...



2 comments:

Sunny Weathers said...

We saw the weather report for the Las Vegas winds in the news. Glad you survived unscathed. Anymore we pull our slides in and "turtle up" if they predict winds over 30mph :-)

Jim Brown said...

Only RV owners, who have experienced something like this, can appreciate what it is like.