Sunday, November 04, 2018

Sand Hollow State Park

I can see why people like Sand Hollow State Park. It has a beautiful blue lake, golden sand and 16,000 acres of OHV riding...

Click on photo to enlarge

I took a short RZR ride on the beginning of Nasty Half which is rated a 9 out of 10 and discovered two things very quickly:
  • The sand here is extremely fine and soft which makes steering tricky and getting stuck easy. You definitely want to lower the tire pressure on your vehicle.
  • There are obstacles here not for the faint-of-heart. You can get in trouble in a New York minute.
Unless I can find someone to ride with, I may not see as much of the OHV area as I would like. I do not want to break down or wreck in the middle of 16,000 acres by myself. 

Tonight's sunset...

No comments: