Thursday, April 04, 2019

Cattail Cove Trail

This trail is rated 3.0 but there are plenty of "extra credits" along the way for those looking for more of a challenge. The first stop was Rovey's Needle which is known for its honeycomb rock formations. After parking the Jeeps, there is a short, moderate climb up to the face of the rock that requires scrambling over some reasonably sized boulders...

Do not try this at home - this is a trained professional

"We made it"

After lunch I put my Jeep's transfer case in 4 wheel low only to discover it was like being in neutral. After shifting back and forth between reverse and drive, I was able to get it to engage and was able to limp back to Lake Havasu City where I stopped at the local Jeep dealership. When the service technician started up the Jeep, it ran like normal - no shifting problems at all. I know modern vehicles have a lot of computer chips but this is the first one I have had to "reboot" to get it working!

2 comments:

joanna said...

Beautiful place and you shared good information about that place. Its really enjoyable and stunning photos you shared

Jim Brown said...

Thanks!