Saturday, May 11, 2013

Moab Rim

Today, I joined a group of hard core ORV riders (RZR XPs with 30 inch tires) and they wore my butt out. We did Moab Rim in the morning and then Fins N Things and Hells Revenge in the afternoon. My body tells me it must be midnight but my watch says its only 8:00 p.m. It has to be broken.

The Moab Rim trail is rated 7+* and it was my toughest ride to date (a track of the ride including time, distance, speed and elevation has been uploaded to EveryTrail). What makes it so difficult are the steep, off-camber ledges. It is very easy to put a wheel (or two) in the air. I believe I have some excellent video of the ride but it will have to wait until another time as I am slowly slipping into a coma...

*Body damage and rollovers are possible with less experienced drivers. Modified machines with skid plates and body protection recommended.

Update (5/12/2013): Here are some videos of yesterday's rides...



This is what awaits you when you leave the Hells Revenge parking lot to begin your ride...

2 comments:

Sunny Weathers said...

When you say "body damage" is possible, are you referring to the vehicle, the driver and/or passengers, or both? I don't know if we will be able to keep up with you when we finally make it out there!

Jim Brown said...

One of the great things about the side by sides is most of the damage is to the vehicle. I look forward to sharing the "Moab experience" with Stormy and you.