Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Colorado National Monument

Years ago when I first drove past Grand Junction via I-70, I was impressed by the huge mesas and mountains surrounding the town. Today, I took the first of what I hope will be a number trips this summer to explore the "high country" of Colorado.

Colorado National Monument rises over 2,000 feet above the Grand Valley of the Colorado River just west of Grand Junction. The Rim Rock Drive is a 23 mile paved road that twists its way along the rim of this plateau-and-canyon country offering spectacular views and great photo opportunities...

Click on photos to enlarge





Note climbers on Independence Monument

It's a good thing they invented digital photography as I do not think I could afford the film needed to capture the beauty of the western states. If you ever get out this way, be sure to bring plenty of memory cards as it is a postcard factory.

No comments: