- We spent $300,000 last year studying whether or not Japanese quail are more sexually promiscuous on cocaine.
- We spent several hundred thousand dollars studying whether or not we can relieve stress in Vietnamese villagers by having them watch television reruns.
- We spent $800,000 in the last couple of years developing a televised cricket league for developing Afghanistan. Do you know how many people have a television in Afghanistan? One in 10,000 people.
- We spent $150,000 last year on yoga classes for federal employees. So not only do we pay them nearly one and a half times as much as the private sector employees, we give them yoga classes.
- We spent $250,000 last year inviting 24 kids from Pakistan to go to space camp in Alabama. We borrow money from China to send it to Pakistan. It's crazy. It's ridiculous. And it should stop.
- We spent a half million-dollars last year and the year before developing a menu for when we colonize Mars. We sent a bunch of college students to Hawaii to study this. $5,000 apiece we paid them. They got two weeks all expenses paid in Hawaii. And you know what a bunch of college kids came up with for the menu for Mars? Pizza.
Our national debt is now over $18 trillion dollars and rising; that's $154,000+ per taxpayer. Is it any wonder that people are angry and frustrated by Congress and politicians who care only about their own self-interest and cannot eliminate even the most egregious forms of government waste.