Thursday, March 19, 2020

Personal Update Re: Coronavirus

I have been sitting here in the RV attempting to self-quarantine, social-distance and shelter-in-place from the coronavirus. I have even started to work-from-home (some people call it "napping"). There is enough food, water and toilet paper to last up to a month, so I will probably die of boredom before the virus gets me.

In my 73 trips around the sun, I have never experienced anything like this. Although the virus is bad, it is its effect on our economy and way of life that is truly frightening. In my opinion, the coronavirus will probably go the way of other viruses such Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), but it may take a lot longer for life to return to normal as we have known it. Only time will tell.

No comments: