Friday, March 08, 2019

ARB Twin Air Compressor

Most Jeep owners will "air down" their tires whenever they drive off-road for a more comfortable ride and better traction. The hard core crowd will generally have large compressors with quick connect/disconnect couplings that "air up" the tires in just a few minutes.

My Viair Portable Compressor did the job but was really slow. It could take up to 30 minutes to fill all four tires to ~37 psi. In an attempt not to embarrass myself any more than usual in front of semi-professional rock crawlers, I had an ARB Twin Air Compressor mounted under the hood which is supposed to air up a 35 inch tire in around a minute.

Twin Air Compressor mounted under the hood

On/Off switch mounted on the driver's side pillar

Quick connect/disconnect mounted on front bumper

I have not had the opportunity to try it out yet but if it works as advertised, it should save me a lot of time as well as being much more convenient.

No comments: