Saturday, March 30, 2019

Boondocking

Having lived most of my life east of the Mississippi River where there is not a lot of public land, I was not familiar with the term "boondocking" until I started traveling out west. Basically, it is free camping without water, electric and sewer. Here in the southwest, there are huge parcels of government owned land run by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) where you can camp for up to 14 days gratis. 

Plomosa Road BLM Camping Area

After a couple weeks delay due to RV repairs, I was able to rejoin Sunny & Stormy in Quartzsite, AZ (the boondocking capital of the world) and continue our adventure together. 

Proper preparation for watching a sunset 

Due to the remoteness of our campsite and the lack of "light pollution", we were able to gaze at those millions of stars I remember seeing in the night sky as a kid growing up in rural North Carolina. Sunny even pointed out two satellites as they passed rapidly overhead. For me this is a great part of what the RVing lifestyle is all about. 😀

No comments: