Friday, April 01, 2016

Free Audiobooks

After numerous drives from Phoenix to Moab and back, I now find the most difficult part of the trip is the boredom. I have listened to every music CD I own multiple times as well as most of the radio stations along the way. I have even sunk to listening to "talk radio" (desperate times require desperate measures).

In an effort to breakup the monotony, I am going to try listening to some Audiobooks tomorrow. Most public libraries now offer them online at no charge. In the case of the Apache Junction Library, all I had to do was add an app called OverDrive to my smart phone. This app allows you download and play digital files on multiple devices. For the best sound possible, I am using the Ford Sync feature to play the file wirelessly through my truck's sound system (most late model vehicles allow you to connect to digital devices).

What's the first book on my list? It's Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich. Why this book you didn't ask? I am thinking of forming the Brown Foundation which will mirror the Clinton Fountain in its goals. Surely, those foreign governments that have given millions of dollars to the Clintons will want to donate to my foundation as we have the same objectives.

Of course (just like the Clintons), I will use a portion of those donations to cover my administration and travel expenses along with salaries for friends who support my lifestyle. One huge advantage I have over the Clintons is the fact that my legal expenses will be much less.

Update (4/2/16): The Audiobook turned out to be a wonderful way to pass the time. One caveat: do not read or listen to the Clinton Cash book without taking your blood pressure medicine. It's no wonder people distrust politicians and government.

No comments: