Friday, July 13, 2018

Back In Vegas

I have returned to Las Vegas after having "field tested" my new R-Pod in Mesquite and Kanab. I am pleased to report that with only a few minor problems, it performed well. I also discovered that although the Jeep will tow the trailer, it struggles with uphill grades even with the Superchip tow tune.

A couple of nights ago, a major storm came through Vegas and flooded parts of the city. It also left a lot of moisture in the air which makes the heat almost insufferable. It reminds me of being back in NC when this time of year it was a race between the temperature and humidity to see which would reach 100 first.

Last week, I noticed that the summer heat had begun to buckle the plastic strips that run along the top of the RV covering the fastening screws. The strong winds from the storm blew several of those strips off the rig...

Fortunately, there was no permanent damage and this should be an easy fix

No comments: