Tuesday, May 21, 2019

$20 Wyze Cam

In anticipation of spending time away from my Big Horn this summer so as to avoid the oppressive heat in Las Vegas, I thought it would be nice to have a security camera which would allow me to monitor the interior of the RV while out of town and to receive push notifications if someone enters the vehicle. However, I did not want to spend the big bucks that most security cameras cost along with their cloud subscription fees.

Fortunately, I came across the Wyze Cam which I bought for $27.63 delivered ($19.99 camera + $5.99 shipping + $1.65 sales tax). It not only does everything I was looking for but a lot more such as an email alert when the smoke alarm or carbon monoxide monitor is activated. I will not go into all the benefits & features of the camera as you can view those for yourself on their website along with their accessories. I am still learning how to use the Wyze Cam software but so far, I like what I see.

No comments: