Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Back In Kanab

The temperature in Las Vegas is 100+ degrees this week so I thought I would head north to cooler climes. Given the problems I have had with the Thor Axis, I did not want to go more than a day's drive from the dealership just in case something fails again.

With this in mind I decided to go back to Kanab, UT where I spent a week last summer. Unfortunately, it was so hot that I did not get to see as many attractions as I would have liked so I am back to give it another go.

Tomorrow, I plan to drive down to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. I was there in 2011 and found it to be much less crowded than the south rim along with some spectacular views of the canyon.

Peek A Boo Slot Canyon, Sand Caves and White Pocket are on my "to do" list. The RV Park where I am staying only had a site available for four nights so depending on how much more I want to see, I will either find another park in the area or head north to see something new. As I once told Willie Nelson, "it's good to be back on the road again".

No comments: