Thursday, August 15, 2019

Macular Degeneration Update

Last month, a leaking blood vessel in my right eye left me almost blind in that eye. I returned to the retina center today for another injection and am pleased to report that my vision has improved (20/60) but is not back to what it was (20/25). The doctor is hopeful that it will continue to get better with time. There is still a possibility that there may be some scarring but it is too early to tell. 

Fortunately, my left eye is 20/20 which allows me to do pretty much everything I want. I do find reading tiring which I suspect is due to my brain working overtime trying to reconcile the difference in vision between the two eyes. Other than taking Areds 2 vitamins and wearing sunglasses when outside, there is not much else I can do.

No comments: