Thursday, February 11, 2021

Skydio 2 Drone

After crashing my DJI Mavic, I was not sure I would buy another drone. Then the Skydio 2 came out with the best obstacle avoidance system on the market. After looking at a number of YouTube videos, I felt comfortable enough to give it another try. 

The following is my first "motion tracking" video where the drone autonomously follows my Jeep without any direction on my part. I start out in a wide open area to first make sure it is tracking correctly. At about the 3:00 minute mark the obstacle avoidance is put to a real test and you get to see how well the drone manuvers around bushes and trees.


2 comments:

Sunny Weathers said...

I like this drone! I can think of some cool shots you could do with it following the Jeep. Of course you would only get one chance for the take. On second thought, better forget those videos!

Jim Brown said...

I believe I have a solution. I'll have the drone follow you and your Jeep!