Monday, March 14, 2022

Lexus ES 300h

I am hoping to do some extensive traveling this summer and although the Jeep would do the miles, it is not known for its long distance comfort or fuel economy. After doing my due diligence, I chose to purchase a Lexus ES 300h. It is a non-plugin hybrid that combines an electric motor with a four cylinder gasoline engine to achieve 44 miles/gallon overall.


My first impressions are 1) this is one of the quietest and most comfortable vehicles I have driven and 2) it is a computer on wheels that will require a while to learn how to navigate all of the electronics (click here to see an in-depth tutorial). Surprisingly, the ES 300h was around $5,000 cheaper than a new Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. Who would have thought you could buy a Lexus for less money than a Jeep!

PS - keeping the Jeep for future off-road adventures 😎

2 comments:

Ken Mason said...

Looks great. Congratulations

RV extended warranty said...

oh that looks wonderful!