Monday, November 14, 2022

Dash Cam Power

I have wanted the capability of transferring my Garmin dash cam between my Jeep and Lexus but did not want the hassle of running and concealing a long power cord to the cigarette lighter socket (which the Lexus does not have). The solution to my problem is the Dongar Technologies Dash Cam Power Adapter ($29.99) which connects to your vehicle's auto-dimming rearview mirror for power to your USB  device...

Both the cable and camera are hidden behind the mirror so I have an unobstructed view

The adapter is an easy plug-and-play installation with no permanent modification to your vehicle. I highly recommend viewing this installation video so you will know what to expect beforehand. You will want to take your time as the workspace is tight and there are some plastic tabs that will break if you are not careful.

No comments: