Tuesday, February 20, 2018

2014 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

I traded in my 2010 2-door Rubicon for a 2014 4-door Unlimited Rubicon. The 2010 was a good vehicle but it had a few minor drawbacks that I believe the newer model will address:
  1. The 2010 was under-powered on the highway. In 2012 Jeep went with a bigger engine that made a significant improvement in performance. 
  2. Although the 2-door has a backseat, it takes a bulimic contortionist to get in it. Now, I can carry up to four passengers in comfort.
  3. The 2010 does not have a cabin air filter. Whenever I would follow other Jeeps off-road and then turn on the air conditioner, the interior of the cabin would fill up with a fine dust (I like driving on dirt, not breathing it). The newer Jeeps have a filter just behind the glove compartment.
  4. The 4-door will tow up to 3,500 pounds versus 2,000 pounds for the 2-door. I may be buying a small RV trailer which would require the larger towing capacity.

4 comments:

Sunny Weathers said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see the Jeep and you in person.

Jim Brown said...

Same here! I see Stormy got you off the couch and eating bon-bons while watching Oprah long enough to put a lift kit on your Jeep.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL said...

Looks good Jim. It's about time you upgraded.

Jim Brown said...

Thanks! Am still trying to figure out how all the electronics work.