Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Jeep Mystery Switch

While looking over my newly purchased Jeep, I discovered an on/off switch located on the side of the console just behind the gas pedal...


Initially, I could not find anything that it controlled either inside or outside of the Jeep and there was nothing about it in the manual. So, I posted the above photo on the Jeep Wrangler Forum and asked for help in identifying its purpose. It was immediately recognized as an after-market switch and a number of suggestions were given as to what it might be connected to but to no avail.

Then, while watching a YouTube video on the features of the Jeep's after-market Pioneer sound/video system, I discovered that a switch was required to by-pass or override the "do not view while driving" message. Sure enough, that's what the switch does. Mystery solved!

Lastly, a caveat to guys out there thinking of buying a Jeep - women will want to drive it...

No comments: