Wednesday, June 13, 2018

RV Water Leak

Yesterday afternoon, I discovered water dripping from the bottom of my RV which is never a good sign. Fortunately, it turned out to be from the overflow vent on the fresh water tank. Knowing that it was not from the gray or black tanks allowed me to wait until this morning when the pavement was no longer the temperature of the sun to make the repair.

After a little detective work and calling the psychic hotline, I decided the problem was due to a defective valve that diverts water from the main hose to the various RV tanks. Replacing the valve was not difficult. The real work involved emptying the cargo bay and removing two panels to get to the backside of the valve and unhook the multiple connections...



It's been a couple of hours since the replacement and I have neither flooded the park nor the interior of the RV so I am going to call it a success. It never hurts to have an additional skill set in case this retirement thing does not work out.

No comments: