Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Surge Protector

In the seven years I have been on the road as a full-time RVer, I have discovered that the electrical hook-ups at RV parks vary all over the map. I even had a power surge that tripped the circuit breaker in the inverter for my residential refrigerator. That's when I purchased my first surge protector.

In order to protect the electrical system in my new R-Pod trailer, I bought a Progressive Industries Portable SSP-30XL RV Smart Surge Protector. When I plugged it into the 30 amp outlet at my storage site, it indicated I had an "open neutral" connection. I am not an electrician so I looked it up online and discovered that is not a good thing, particularly, with 50 amp circuits.

When I contacted the park's office about the problem, they immediately sent someone down, who not only confirmed the open neutral connection but made the repair in about 15 minutes. Another reason I have been very pleased with the service here at the Las Vegas RV Resort. If all goes well, I hope to have something to plug into the surge protector tomorrow afternoon. 

No comments: