Friday, July 23, 2021

Gallup, NM

I am in Gallup, New Mexico working my way to Montrose, Colorado. I did not intend to leave the Arizonian this early but the park had another power outage and you do not want to be in southern Arizona this time of year without air conditioning.

Yesterday, out in the middle of nowhere, the RV's engine light came on. Not knowing what the problem might be made for an anxious drive into Gallup. The good news is I was able to get an appointment for this morning at a diesel repair shop less than a mile from where I am staying. 

According to the mechanic, the "engine light was caused by an inactive code and had a count of 1 (first time recorded), cleared code and ran regen; completed regen and no codes retained". Although I am delighted I can continue my journey, I am a little concerned that he could not explain what caused the malfunction. I'll just have to hope for the best. While waiting for the RV to be repaired, I used my pocket knife to do some wood carving...


PS - if you like Native American jewelry and trains, Gallup is your kind of town.

2 comments:

lastrick said...

Make sure you get up to Chaco Canyon...long, 20 mile dirt road but, in my mind, well worth the trip. For some reason, the road is easier coming out of the park.

Jim Brown said...

I found Chaco Canyon on the Internet. It looks like an interesting place to explore. Unfortunately, I am short on time this trip, but will keep it in mind for future adventures. Also, we are experiencing severe thunderstorms daily with flash flood warnings, so driving on a 20 mile dirt road might not be advisable at this time. Thanks for the tip!