Saturday, July 10, 2021

Storm Damage

Last night about 10:00 p.m. a severe thunderstorm with high winds rolled through the park damaging several park models and knocking out power. I was fortunate that my property was not damaged but my friends, Keith & Jayne, were not so lucky...




The worst part of the storm for me is the loss of electricity. Salt River Power estimates that our power may not be restored until 8:00 p.m. this evening. The forecast is for a high temperature today of 108 F so I will be firing up the generator in the RV &/or going to the mall.

Update: It occurred to me that I had a 6,000 BTU window air conditioner stored in the RV, so I dragged it out, hooked it up to my Honda 2000 generator and now have some cool air for the park model. It will not cool the entire unit but may be enough to keep me somewhat comfortable in the living area.

No comments: