Tuesday, August 17, 2021

More Storm Damage

I received a text message this morning informing me that a severe storm had swept through the Arizonian last night doing extensive damage to the park and my carport...


I have filed an insurance claim and am currently waiting on the adjuster to get back to me. In the interim, I am trying to arrange for someone in the park to clear away the loose debris to prevent further damage (another storm is expected tonight) and to see if there was any damage to the park model itself.

Keith, whose carport was damaged back in July, called to say he lost some more panels. He also indicated there has been so much storm damage in the Phoenix area this summer that it could be quite a while before we can get someone out for repairs.

Update (8/18/2021): Mike was able to remove the loose aluminum panels that could further damage the park model. He sent me some photos and this one concerns me most as it appears water could enter the home if they have another severe storm with heavy rain and wind...

Click on photo to enlarge

I am currently waiting for three contractors to return my calls so that I can get an estimate and a date for them to begin work. The good news is I have spoken with the adjuster and she has already cut a check for the repairs.

No comments: