Sunday, February 18, 2024

Dodged A Bullet

My Polaris RZR developed an intermittent noise while returning from a recent ride. My neighbor, who owned a Polaris dealership, thought I might have a bearing going bad in the transmission, so I took it to the local RideNow for service. The first thing they told me was if they had to replace the transmission, it would be $3,200!

Saturday, I got call from the service manager saying "you are not going to believe what the problem was". It turned out that the left rear wheel was about to come off. It was missing one lug nut and the other three were just hand-tightened. The threads were not damaged, so all they had to do was button it back up and I was ready to go. Instead of $3,200, I was able to get out of there for $80 (they charge $165/hour for labor).

No comments: