Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Kofa Wildlife Refuge

The Kofa National Wildlife Refuge in western Arizona is huge at 547,719 acres. We started out touring the southern section of the refuge by running the Big Eye and McPherson Pass trails. Both are very scenic, particularly, in the mountain areas. However, the trails are rough and you have to drive fairly long distances to get where you want to go.



If you are ever in the area, I would recommend visiting the Castle Dome Mine Museum to see what an old mining town looked like in its heyday...




Update (2/28/2024): Unfortunately, I woke up this morning feeling nauseous and unable to eat breakfast, so I am going to head home early. Hopefully, it is nothing serious but I do not want to be out in the middle of nowhere if it gets worse.

Update (2/29/2024): I am feeling better and beginning to get my appetite back. A friend suggested I might have had a bit of the stomach flu that apparently is going around.

No comments: