Thursday, January 09, 2020

Wyze Plug

Back in November of 2018, I wrote an article on Wemo Mini Smart Plugs. As I mentioned in the update to that post, they were great when they worked but occasionally they would fail. And as I discovered again with my recent move, they are not particularly easy to setup.

In May of 2019, I bought an inexpensive Wyze Cam that was easy to setup and has worked flawlessly since then. Now that Wyze has their own smart plugs, I ordered a pair which at $14.95 plus tax and shipping is cheaper than one Wemo plug.

They arrived today and just like the camera were very easy to setup including linking to Google Assistant which allows me to control the on/off switch with just voice commands. If I have a problem in the future, I will update this post to reflect my experience.

No comments: