Monday, June 22, 2020

Medford, Oregon

Medford, Oregon is the next stop on my tour of the Pacific Northwest. I chose Medford for several reasons:
  • It has a retina center where I was able to schedule an appointment for my next macular degeneration injection.
  • It is large enough to have all the amenities that I would want without the traffic/congestion of larger cities.
  • It has several RV dealerships along with a Freightliner facility in case I might have problems with the Jayco Seneca. This turned out to be fortuitous in as much as the 7 pin connector failed to send power to the Jeep which left me with a dead battery. Fortunately, I carry a power pack with me so this was not a big problem. It turned out to be a blown fuse which was a quick and easy fix.
Oregon trivia:
  • It is only one of two states nationwide where it is illegal to pump your own gas (if your car or truck uses diesel, you can pump it yourself).
  • It has no state sales tax (I will be stocking up on anything I can use in the near future).

View from my site at the Southern Oregon RV Park

No comments: