Monday, June 08, 2020

2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK

Although my 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3570RS fifth wheel was one of the best RVs I have owned, I got tired of having to make two trips to new destinations in order to take my Jeep with me. So, I traded it and my 2011 Ford F-350 for a 2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK Class C which is built on a Freightliner frame and has a 340 hp Cummings diesel and Allison six speed transmission capable of towing up to 10,000 pounds...


It's too early to say much about the vehicle other than I like the layout and it drives more like a heavy duty truck than a RV. If all goes well, I hope to head north by the end of the week to avoid the desert heat.

Update (6/12/2020): After spending four nights in the RV, I have discovered a couple more things I like about the vehicle:
  • Today, we have had heavy winds here in Vegas and the Jayco Seneca has been much more stable than my fifth wheel. I suspect that is due to the unit weighing over 22,000 pounds and having four leveling jacks.
  • It has a tankless water heater that once you set the temperature where you want it, you just turn on the hot faucet, wait 15-20 seconds and you are ready to shower - no messing around with the cold faucet. The other advantages of the tankless system are having hot water for as long as you have propane and not burning propane when it is not in use.

4 comments:

Sunny Weathers said...

Love the new house. Come on up to Wyoming if you want to cool off. Plenty of snow on the ground when I woke up this morning!

Jim Brown said...

When I wrote that I wanted to avoid the desert heat, I was thinking 72 degrees, not 32.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL said...

That will be a very nice change for you. congrats..
Doug and Tracie Finnicum

Jim Brown said...

Thanks! I took my first long drive today and so far, I am very pleased with the RV.