Monday, June 07, 2021

Now Hiring

Everywhere I have gone the last month, there have been "Now Hiring" signs at most businesses. Here in Show Low the situation is so bad that all of the restaurants I have frequented have had to reduce days and/or hours that they are open. It's a sad time in this country when our own government makes it more attractive to be on the dole than work for a living.


Update (6/10/2021): Out of curiosity, I looked up unemployment compensation for Arizona and found it to be $47,396/year. At this rate a couple would collect $94,792/year for sitting home doing nothing! No wonder people do not want to go back to work.

2 comments:

Ken Mason said...

We are seeing the same thing everywhere we travel.

Jim Brown said...

As I have said in the past, it's not terrorists that I fear will destroy this country, it's our politicians.