Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Show Low, AZ

I am spending the month of June in Show Low, a small town about 3 hours northeast of Phoenix. At an elevation of 6345 feet, it is generally 20-25 degrees cooler than down in the valley. The forecast for the next week is 80s during the day and 50s at night (great sleeping weather). I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures and doing some exploring in the Jeep.

Knowing available RV sites would be hard to find this summer, I made my reservation at the K-Bar RV Resort back in February based solely on comments at Campground Reviews. It's a little early to say for sure but so far, I like the park. The staff was extremely friendly and guided me right to my pull-through site. There are lots of trees in the park and they even have cable tv with movie channels. 😀


My RV had been in storage for the last six months and although I start the engine and generator every month, I wondered if everything was still working as it should. The only problem I encountered was the propane igniter for the refrigerator did not ignite. The solution was to unplug the refrigerator and then plug it back in again; it works just fine now. If I ever quit breathing, unplug/plug me to see if I reboot.

2 comments:

Vikingwomanroams said...

Would you please discuss the ins and outs of towing a Jeep. I’m new to this life..
Thanks;
Lee Ann

Jim Brown said...

Towing a Jeep is really easy. I would recommend getting instructions from whomever installs your tow bar. You can also visit some of the Jeep forums for more info. The most important part of towing is to make sure your transfer case is in neutral, otherwise, you will burn up the transmission.