Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Fool Hollow Lake

Although Show Low is a nice town with great summer weather, there is not much in the way of outdoor activities that I find interesting. If you do an Internet search for "things to do in Show Low", the Fool Hollow Lake Recreational Area is generally the number one pick, so I checked it out.

It's a small lake (particularly, with the severe drought we are having here in the southwest) that allows swimming, boating, fishing, hiking and camping (92 hookup sites and 31 non-hookup sites all of which were full). It is a great place for families and friends to gather on the weekends. 


In looking at a map, everything I think I would like to see will require a long drive out of the area. One of the reasons I chose to spend a month in Show Low was to see if this might be my future summer home to escape the heat down in the valley. Now, I am not sure I want to spend 3-4 months here.

No comments: