Friday, July 31, 2020

Golden Spike National Historical Park

Once again, I have the good fortune to meet up with my favorite Alpine, Utah couple, Terry & Gail. We drove over to the Golden Spike National Historical Park where my older cousin, Chris, helped drive the last spike for the First Transcontinental Railroad. We arrive just in time to see old No. 119 pull into the station...



Great day with great friends

Some supermodel photo-bombs my locomotive picture

Chinese Arch

On the way back, we stop at the Morton Thiokol (ATK) Rocket Garden...


Where I detect a suspicious noise coming from the flux capacitor in one of the rockets...


Tip of the Day: For an outstanding dining experience, visit the Maddox Restaurant in Brigham City, Utah. Delicious food and lots of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They are a special couple.

Sunny Weathers said...

So great to Terrie and Gail - please give them my best!

Jim Brown said...

Will pass on everyone's kind thoughts to them. Thanks.