Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Southern Idaho Waterfalls

In looking for things to see and do in Twin Falls, Idaho, I was surprised at the number of waterfalls in the area...

Click here to view the web page I used to plan my day trip

Shoshone Falls is located on the Snake River just a few miles east of town. At 212 feet the falls are higher than Niagara Falls...

Shoshone Falls

Shoshone Falls with a double rainbow

Perrine Coulee Falls is another waterfall close to town. It drops almost 200 feet down a sheer cliff and you can walk behind it...

Perrine Coulee Falls

Niagara Springs appears to spring right out of the side of the mountain. Caveat: the canyon road to Niagara Springs is narrow and steep and not recommended for either motorhomes or large trailers....

Niagara Springs

Thousand Springs consists of two major waterfalls next to each other...

Falls from the side

Falls from the bottom

Click here to see a Google Map I created for my waterfalls tour. You can send the directions to your smartphone and follow the same route I took. It takes you through some bucolic countryside where you will see more irrigation systems than I knew existed and huge cattle lots with more cows than I could count. All in all, a nice way to spend the day and experience the beauty of Idaho.

2 comments:

Sunny Weathers said...

Wow - looks like a great trip!

Jim Brown said...

It was one of the most pleasant surprises of the summer. Would highly recommend it.