Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Heading East

As much as I would have liked to continue exploring the Pacific Northwest, I am finding it near impossible to locate available campsites, particularly, for the weekends. Adding to the frustration are the prices most parks are charging: $50+ per night is the norm, not the exception.

If the above was not bad enough, the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases is causing local and state governments here to expand their restrictions. The City of Bend has even reinstated a travel advisory telling tourists to stay away until Labor Day (that's got to hurt a lot of businesses).

In an attempt to escape this madness, I am turning eastward towards Idaho and Utah. I have reservations in Burns, OR and Caldwell, ID which gives me hope that I am heading in the right direction.

5 comments:

lastrick said...

Ambassador RV in Caldwell is a great RV spot. Not much else in the house area.

lastrick said...

That was supposed to be Boise not "house". I have to spell check the spell check!

Jim Brown said...

My reservation is at the Ambassador. I have stayed there before and it was excellent.

Unknown said...

We were impressed with Shoshone Falls. Heading into Oregon next week. Have our réservations for 12 days along Gold Beach. Then we'll start heading back.

Jim Brown said...

The Oregon coast is the only place I have stayed this summer where the temperature was not in the mid-90s. Enjoy.